If planning an alternative to espying watercrafts, the Coconut Grove Art Festival brings the bohemian to the Boat Shows yacht dreamy-ing. While the event eventually will name the musicians (Emily Estafan) who will perform at various times, the showstoppers will always be the art that speaks without a larynx or an amp.
Many have asked why the Festival always runs concurrently with the Boat Show; why wouldn’t it own an alternative weekend and the garner the entire attention of South Floridians and their visitors year round? There is no shortage of hotels to accommodate two major events and the Festival gives their artists up to three days to show their works to the public lucky enough to enjoy an extra reprieve to observe Columbus Day. Past years have proven that there is not a lack of attendance for either event as they breaking records for attendance or revenue (usually both) every year.
The county fair food while viewing the arts contrasts the wine sipping dreaming about luxury liners or drowning the pain of an empty bank account. With many visitors spending the entire month of February in South Florida, they may save their yearning to taste food for the SoBe Wine and Food Festival two weeks later.
The location of these two events becomes much closer and could cause congestion of vehicles and ideas of which to attend. Uber, more than ever, becomes the tourist’s best friend for the locals knowledge of the area and alleviating the stress for visitors and said locals to get around (and to park).
The Miami downtown area hotels will take center stage, with the Mandarin Oriental offering Five Star, Four Diamond service and the Marriott Marquis offering everything else (with the JW Marriott the immediate second choice if the Marquis, in fact, does not have availability). To avoid the Boat Show traffic heading toward Key Biscayne, the Biltmore in Coral Gables is a great option to stay.
The Coconut Grove Arts Festival happens February 13 through 15. Daily general admission is $12.00 per person with free entry for children 12 and under. For more information about the Festival, visit http://www.cgaf.com.
Getting older means having to be more attune to the dangers of identity theft. Here are some statistics roadto65.com procured about this tragic crime, provided by LegalShield.
The five common types of identity theft: Financial, Criminal and Character, Employment/Social Security, Medical, and Driver’s License.
- The average dollar amount charged in identity theft: $92, 893.
- The average amount of time spent repairing a stolen identity: 607 hours.
- There are over 10 million victims of identity theft every year (27,000 victims per day).
- The FTC reported that identity theft has been the number 1 complaint by consumers for 11 straight years!
My aunt, back in the innocent 1990s, was a victim of Social Security theft when she was in her eighties. At that time, the general populace was just starting to understand the threat and the damage it could cause to one’s self esteem and time to repair the damage. At that time, as in today, the victim is the guilty party, in the eyes of the creditors, until they prove their innocence.
Visit LegalShield for more information about their plans to secure the identities of the family and friends you care most about.
The natives will take advantage of the weak and the naive. Especially in a competitive job market like Metro Miami. Keep these things in mind when your eyes purvey the listings that may seduce you and lose you. From the latest experience.
- Beware of the lucrative titles that may have double meaning (i.e. Account Manager). We learned that this term doesn’t mean a one corporate account but for many household accounts. In an earlier day, a Account Representative, Customer Service title may have been used but this new day Account Manager term seems nefarious.
- If the website says nothing, then the value may also be lacking. Do the research and visit the business site and see how current it is, what the theme is and, most importantly, what the company is about. If you read 500 words in about us and still wonder what they’re about, that’s a red flag signaling to slow down and let the manatees swim.
- The interview comes and one, two, three, and six show up at the same time, that is not an interview, that is a cattle call. Do Ce Do the heck out of there.
- If the interview is late, make the call. What is the value proposition? Is having a chance at a second interview the important get or is it time? The important message about time is that the person not valuing your time is the same person that will drive a hard bargain about their time. Does that mean jet? No, that means be aware of what you might be dealing with and evaluate throughout the decision process.